Monday, March 14, 2011

The Most Beautiful Thing I Have Ever Seen

-The Most Beautiful Thing I Have Ever Seen-



Beauty.
A six letter word, yet it has a lot of meaning.
Beauty in itself is not what is on the outside, but what is on the inside.
So when I saw this topic for a personal essay prompt, well I was more than willing to write about it.


Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes and forms. It can be the oak tree that is swaying in the wind, or it can be that little four year old girl that is running around with a bubble blower in her tiny hands. Beauty is perceived differently by everyone. Someone may see the beauty if a leaf that is blowing in the wind, while another person may not even see the beauty of that particular leaf. It is really up to the person that see the beauty of life. There are no specifics, so there isn't any way to judge beauty.


There are many beautiful things that I have seen in my life so far. I see many things that hold beauty, I just take the time to notice it. From the powerful muscles of the horse that make it move so graciously, to the beauty of a creek along the road. Those are just some examples of what I see beauty in. I can go into depth about the things that I have seen, but I fear it may be too long to write about. I will write about five things, maybe one or two more after five, but I would like to go into depth as to why these things are beautiful to me.


The beauty of the horse.
I have always loved horses ever since I was a little child. I still have my stuffed horse that I had gotten when I was four years old. I never knew what had fascinated my little mind at that time about the horse, but it did, and it gave me the love for them. As I grew older I began to draw them. Only after I studied them long enough to memorize the different ways a horse could move. I've ridden them, felt their powerful muscles work underneath me as in rode around the ring or down a trail. Feeling them work with you as one, them your legs and you their commander telling them where to lead you. A horse puts all of its trust into you, if you put your trust into them. It can sense your fear, your anxiety, and it will basically mirror those emotions. But the beauty of the horse is one of the most amazing thing that I have ever seen in my life. They helped my fascination, and will continue to do so. Their beauty is amazing as is their will to learn from their rider.


The beauty of nature.
Even before I had bought my camera, I had always longed to take pictures of landscape. Living in the country gave you so many opportunities to see the beauty of nature. Every season brought about new views of things and brought out more beauty. Take that example of the oak tree swaying in the wind, what is the beauty of it? It is simple really, at least to me it is. You have to use your senses. I use three to see the beauty of that oak tree swaying in the wind. I use sight to see the rustling of the leaves as the wind blows through its branches. I use my hearing to hear the great oak creaking as the wind makes its branches sway, the last one I use is smell. It is a weird one to see a beauty of a tree, but I use it nonetheless. Take looking at that oak tree after a night of rain. You can smell the damp wood and the wet leaves. With the wind blowing softly so you can smell the aroma of the oak. That is simply beautiful.


The beauty of a person.
Everyone has their beauty, whether it be their looks or their personality. Like I said, it doesn't matter what is on the outside, it is what is on the inside that counts. I see the beauty of a person in every way. Personality is the biggest thing for me to see beauty in. A persons intelligence is second and lastly is a persons looks. Those are the three things that I look for when I see the beauty of a person. I am not like most people who judge a person based on their looks. They may look "hot" and "sexy" but that doesn't give way to the other aspects that make a person. Those three things are where the beauty of a person lies. This is what I always want to tell a girl who says she only likes guys who are "hot". I always hold my tongue as to not start drama, but I want to say it to them so bad. I would tell them "Would you rather have a hot guy who has a crappy personality and no intelligence, or would you want a cute guy that has an amazing personality and intelligence?" Every person is different, they have their different preferences so it is better to keep my nose out of it. I guess everyone is different, it isn't a bad thing though, it gives the person character.


The beauty of a book.
Now this is probably the most common thing that you will see me with other than the clothes that I wear. Book are my life. Simple as that. It is my escape from reality when I cannot be away from people. I can always dive into a book and get lost in it. I love to read, I have since I started school. I have read so many books that I have lost count, but there are always new books to read. Always a new character to relate to and a new plot to figure out. The beauty behind the book lies within its writer. Their imagination can take them far and they become very successful people. Take J.K.Rowling for instance. Harry Potter started out as an idea, now it is a multi million dollar industry, and people around the world love it. With seven books and the last part of the seventh movie coming out this summer, it has captured the eyes of everyone. I started reading them when they first came out. I read the first Harry Potter book at the end of my first grade going into second grade. I grew up with the books. What made me fascinated was the magic. The fight between the good and the evil. And in the end the Light had won. As I grew older I had seen some of the relations that the book had with our history. Yes it is a work of fiction, but it can very well relate to Nazi Germany.
Hitler and Voldemort. They both wanted an "elite" race. Hitler wanted people with blue eyes and blond hair, while Voldemort wanted "pure bloods" They both had one flaw in their views. They themselves were not of the criteria that they set upon the people they killed. Hitler was not pure German and Voldemort was not a pure blood, he was a half blood. But the beauty I see in books is really how you perceive the book. It is all what you think of it.

The last thing that I see as beautiful is music.
Music is a part of my life more so than my books. Every song that I listen to keeps me calm keeps me from listening to all the drama that surrounds me constantly. It is my escape from reality just like my books. The music I listen to is relatively new, but it is amazing. I listen to all sorts of music including: Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Industrial, Aggro tech, Electronic, Trance, Industrial-Metal and so on. A lot of my music is not even from my country, it is from Germany, Belgium, and the likes. With their style of music, it catches my interests and I love the sound of it. The words, the synthesizers, the guitars and whatever else they put into their music. I love it. it keeps me interested and I just want more of it. I can never get enough of it. I am always looking for more music to fall in love with. I went to my first concert ever back in February of 2011. The concert was amazing and I loved the band that played. Cradle of Filth is an awesome group, it really is. I was so glad that they were my first concert. I wish to see many more of my favorite bands in concert as their music is just as beautiful.

So when I saw this topic The Most Beautiful Thing I Have Ever Seen, writing about it was a must. The way I see beauty may be different than someone else, but it is to be expected. We all see things differently. It takes a creative person from the inside out to see the beauty of everything. Remember the oak tree that is swaying in the wind ant that little four year old girl who is still running around blowing bubbles from the bubble blower that is in her tiny hands. That is beauty at its finest.


Cassie Johnston
March 14th 2011
All rights reserved

4 comments: